Solstice Bali Stand Up Paddle Board
|Product Name:||Bali SUP|
|Fin Boxes:||3 (1 removable center fin and 2 permenat side fins)|
Solstice Bali Paddle Board – Bali 10’8″
The Solstice Bali iSUP is a pretty basic board. It has the essentials and does what you need but without all the fancy extras. When I took it out on the flat water to see what it was capable of I was actually surprised by its manoeuvrability. From its look and design you would not think it would be as agile as it actually is. Having said that, I’d still rate the Solstice Bali as a board for beginners to intermediate users.
The non-slip grip surface on the top makes it easy to stay on the board. At 30 inches wide it also has good stability. It has two side fins that are permanently attached and a third centre fin that can be removed when you are done and want to deflate and pack the board away. A word of caution, don’t lose the little screw that is used to attach the fin. I recommend keeping a zip-lock bag or coin purse in your iSUP bag that can hold the screw and a small screwdriver so that it doesn’t get lost. If you don’t have a screwdriver you could get away with using a small coin to tighten the screw instead.
The board comes with a carry bag and hand pump. Using the hand pump you should be able to inflate the board to around 15psi in about 10 mins. Once inflated the board is quite solid. It’s also made of extremely tough PVC infused material which makes it very durable. This board is suitable for flat, calm water such as lakes and rivers. If you are going to use it in the ocean or fast moving rivers, I recommend you also invest in a SUP leash.
The board has a stainless steel ring at the rear of the board for attaching a leash, as well as 4 stainless steel rings at the front which can be laced with bungee cord to secure your water bottle or other items you want to take out onto the water. This board package didn’t come with a SUP paddle so you’ll need to get one. This can be a good thing however as you can purchase a specific paddle that suits you, rather than just get stuck with one that isn’t right for you.
- Value for money.
- For the beginner or intermediate user.
- Nice and thick at 6″
- The stainless steel rings are great for securing items on the board while you are paddling or tying the board down if you want to transport it without deflating.
- This board doesn’t come with a paddle so you’ll need to buy one separately.
- If you lose the screw that attaches the centre fin, you won’t be able to attach the fin anymore.
- The Judge doesn’t mind an iSUP package without a paddle as the Judge prefers to buy a higher quality paddle than what normally comes standard in a SUP package. As always the Judge recommends getting an electric pump for any SUP you buy anyway.
- Dimensions 10’8” long x 30” wide x 6” thick (355cm x 75cm x 15cm)
- Durable 3 ply PVC Fabric
- Can hold up to 250 lbs (113kg)
- Stainless steel rings
- Carry bag
- Pump and Gauge