California Board Company – SUP
|Product Name:||SUP 10'6"|
|Brand:||California Board Company|
|Fin Boxes:||3 fins (9" centre and 2 side fins)|
California Board Company – SUP 10’6″
I had the opportunity to try this board out last week and I have to say, for a hard type(non-inflatable) stand up paddle board, I really enjoyed it. On one hand, for the price it is pretty good value. You get a load of features and extras included in the deal. On the other hand, it isn’t as durable and of the quality that I have come to expect in an inflatable paddle board. Having said that, I do spend a lot of time on the water and maybe my standards and expectations are a little higher than most.
Let me start with the features. This package really is great value. Included in the price you get the inflatable paddle board, adjustable paddle, surf leash & ankle strap, bungy cord tie-down area, camera mount, carry handle and padded roof racks. The only things not included are a pump and carry bag. The camera mount is great if you want to mount a Gopro to record your paddle boarding experience. The bungy tie down at the front of the board also allows you to secure your other belongings.
The board is light weight and easy to carry. If you have kids, they will have no trouble taking it down to the water for a bit of a splash. Although light weight the board can still hold an impressive 300lbs when fully inflated. The included padded roof racks allow you to chuck it on the roof of the car if you don’t want to deflate and re-inflate between destinations.
On the up side you can tell the board is of premium quality for a non-inflatable sup. It’s 5 inches thick and is more suseptible to scratches or dings . While it would be fine on calm water, I certainly don’t recommend it on fast water or surf, particularly if there is submerged trees, rocks or other obstacles that may damage your board.
This board will work in the surf or flat water or even if you’re just an occasional user or looking for something for the kids to muck around. However if you are a more serious user and want a board that will last the distance I suggest perhaps looking for a more premium brand and model.
- Light weight board with carry handle means it’s easy for anyone to carry down to the water, even the kids.
- Comes with everything you need including, adjustable paddle, padded roof racks and surf leash.
- The fins are legit surfboard fins and you can replace them with high quality fins if you wanted.
- More prone to dents and scratches over an iSUP.
- If the Judge had more room in the shed and was looking for a budget hard type SUP, then the CBC SUP would check the boxes. What the Judge really likes is the standard box type removable surfboard fins. You also don’t need a pump. Its also a much better SUP to use out in the surf than an inflatable SUP.
- 10’6” long x 31” Wide x 5.25” thick (330cm x 79cm x 13)
- Carry’s up to 300lbs (136 kg)
- Adjustable paddle
- Ankle surf leash
- Padded roof racks
- Bungee cord to secure your gear
- Carry handle
- Camera ready mount
- 30 day Manufacturer’s warranty